Getting paid for your service is important but are you getting paid enough? In this tip Jim talks about some advice he got from a very good insurance salesman. If clients only pay you one way, you are not getting paid enough. What does this mean? In addition to paying for services you should ask each client for a couple of referrals.
According to the online blog at clientheartbeat.com, here are five rules you must follow to help generate business referrals:
- Give customers a reason to refer you- Outdo the client’s expectation of you so it makes them want to bring youto their network of peers as a solution.
- Ask customers the right way- Don’t just ask if they know anyone, but broaden the question with “do you know anyone with similar issues which I can help with?”
- Resolve customer issues quickly- Counter your client’s disappointment with out of this world customer service.
- Use social media to generate business referrals- set up a social media page and have them ‘share’ how much they love you with their friends.
- Remember to say thank you for every referral- A basic thank you letter, verbal thank you, or reciprocal referral is enough encouragement to keep people spreading the word.
Referrals are word of mouth. Amazon and Blue Origin founder Jeff Bezos once said, “If you do build a great experience, customers teach each other about that. Word of mouth is very powerful.”
In closing, Jim says remember, you get paid two ways. Don’t short change yourself or your company.
In celebration of Communications Concepts, Inc. 40 years of being business, CCI’s President and Founder, Jim Lewis, is sharing 40 tips that he has learned throughout the years about how to survive and prosper in business.
We hope that our 40 years of experience in business helps you improve and grow your own business. Subscribe to our social media accounts so you don’t miss our future business tips and videos on a variety of subjects.
Check out the next video – the subject is “Only Tell Enough.”